The month of OCTOBER is BULLYING PREVENTION AWARENESS month.
- One incident of bullying happens every seven minutes.
- Bullying is the most common form of verbal and physical violence in schools.
- It is estimated that over 160,000 children miss school everyday due to the fear of attack or intimidation by other students – 2 out of 3 students are verbally or physically harassed every year.
- 58% of teens have had hurtful things said to them online and over 40% say it’s happened more than once.
- 500,000 teens attempt to kill themselves each year due to bullying!
Fort Lauderdale High School students and members of the GSA recently took part in an anti-bullying, public service announcement competition. Filmmaker Lyndale Pettus is producing a behind-the-scenes film of the students from Broward County schools making the PSA’s. The film will premiere Saturday, October 13, 2012 at Cinema Paradiso at 503 S. E. 6th Street in Fort Lauderdale.
LIVE FREE BE STRONG FOUNDATION stands for treating people fairly, with respect for who they are EVERY MONTH. We celebrate YOU!